Cute Jewish Boys
THE place to go on the net to find information on Jewish actors and
actresses, as well as musicians, sports figures, and other celebrities, is Jewhoo!
Here are a couple more places to visit...
- Fiddler on the Roof -- Even after all these years, this
one's still like buddah. Golde's my favourite.
- The Chosen -- Rod Steiger and Maximilian Schell almost took
my mind off Robby Benson ... almost. When that boy cries he'll tear your
- Schindler's List -- 'Nuff said.
- A Stranger Among Us -- I know, I know. This is a cheezy cop
flick with Melanie "Nails-on-a-Chalkboard" Griffith. Right. BUT,
it gives such a respectful portrayal of Hasidism, and it doesn't go for the
cheap happy ending, so it gets a special place in my heart. PLUS, Eric Thal,
who plays the main Hasid, is FINE FINE FINE!
- A Life Apart -- Gorgeous documentary on Hasidism. My
favourite bit is a woman named Zeldy saying she watched TV for the first
time in the hospital and couldn't figure out how people can do it all day
without becoming mentally ill. (Hey Zeldy ... they DO become mentally ill!)
- Europa, Europa -- Brilliant true story of a Jewish boy who
pretends to be a Hitler Youth to escape the camps. It helps that he is extremely
fine and naked for a good portion of the movie.
- Playing for Time -- The story of the Auschwitz women's
orchestra, with brilliant performances by Vanessa Redgrave and Jane